Thursday, October 30, 2008


The Internet: part 2

My Favorite Blog

 

“Secret Public Journal”

 

Mike Birbiglia- Stand-up comic, blogger, and self-labeled awkward individual.

 

I discovered Mr. Birbglia and his hilarious blog via “The Bob and Tom Show.”

 

Mike is my favorite comic, and favorite blogger. His entries, regarding the most ridiculous things, and his awesome videos, keep me coming back for more absurdity.

 

Birbiglia titled his blog “My Secret Public Journal.” Mike shares his “private thoughts” with his journal… and it just so happens that he lets us (the public) read along.

 

Mike is an entertaining writer… he often proclaims his love for pizza and his ability to make awkward situations even more awkward.

 

The fact that Birbiglia is a performer, and has a team behind him, makes his blogs multimedia components great. 

 

The blog posts many videos via YouTube, and many pictures via Flicker. The videos and pictures make the blog feel like… well feel like a blog created by one individual. The videos are great because they allow new fans a way to see some of his stand-up sets, and get to know him via his video journal entries. The blog also uses the comedian’s homepage as a form of multimedia connectivity.

 

Birbiglia also links the blog to the iTunes store, to show his very own “celebrity play list” as well as his three albums for sale there. So the multimedia components of the blog are well done, and serve a purpose in terms of publicity for Birbiglia’s stand-up career. 

1 comment:

Tori Benden said...

You're the first person I saw not to be using one of the blogs supplied in class, so I thought I'd check it out.

Holy Expletive! That guy is hilarious. Hilarious in the whole, "He reminds me of this guy a know...and that guy...and oh my stars and garters it's me!" kind of way.

Thanks for the epic link!

-Tori