Thursday, October 9, 2008


You’re in the way of my script

 

--Nashville Tenn. Tom Brokaw to OBAMA and MCCAIN

 

 

 SNL might as well support McCain… because Sarah Palin (AKA TINA FEY) is boosting those poor ratings for which SNL has been receiving in the past few years.

 

While I am avoiding the issues and focusing on the “funny side” of this election how about  “Crazy Lady” yes that is her given name!! You know to who I’m talking about… that woman in the blue pant-suit (no not Hillary) sitting in the “D section” of Tuesdays debate who obviously had no idea what was going on but continued to smile and not change her facial expression the entire time OBAMA was speaking. SNL here’s some more comedic gold.

 

So any way I would say I digress… but truthfully I have written nothing to digress from.

 

So lets get political … political… Madonna – she thinks she’s British!?!?

 

I was never very interested in politics… that is until I turned 18 and was allowed to participate in the greatness that is choosing our great nations next leader. Now that I am allowed suffrage I find this history making election rather… lackluster. Now mind you I was expecting fire works… both literally and figuratively (I know I should be interested in the figurative fire works that are the facts and platforms… but I am not). Thus needless to say the most recent Presidential debate was rather tedious.

 

I have always heard “vote for the lesser of the two evils,” and I hate that… it angers me that many Americans are voting by default. That is picking the lesser of the two evils, voting for the other major party’s candidate simply because you hate the other.

 

This election features a well-spoken, polished intellect versus a more hardened, veteran of Vietnam and Washington.

 

The debate was a place for Obama to use his polished speaking skills. And I saw McCain as quite well spoken, though not as polished as Obama. Obama and McCain are indeed politicians; therefore they have a knack for avoiding the questions.

 

Analyzing the first question regarding the best way to help Americans suffering from the economic crisis it is seen that Obama has a well thought out plan… a bit too much like an outline… and we all know we never quite follow that outline that is written for the paper we are going to write. Obama lays out a plan yes, but what about the things that go in between bullet points. That is the true importance.

I believe he gave a great answer, however I believe McCain did a better job talking to the people, the voters. He has a more average feel about him… he is not overly polished. McCain stated his points of energy, home values, tax cuts, in a more conversational tone, allowing Americans to feel as though he was talking to them.

 

The McCain campaign focuses on Main-street America, and it shows from his selection of Sarah Palin, and McCain’s choice of Meg Whitman… an unheard of CEO. I believe this what

America needs… An American White-house full of people for the people. What our Country was founded on.

 

I truly do not feel like I am voting for the lesser of two evils… I feel as though America would be safe voting for either candidate. I believe Obama could do great things… McCain as well… but only time will tell.

 

NEXT DEBATE :  OCT 15 – HACK THE DEBATE

 

No comments: